[at-l] newsnet5.com - News - Cleveland Man Rescued FromCampsiteUsing Satellite Locat

Here's another link that tells more of the story.
http://outside.away.com/outside/news/20031118_1.html Apparently he wasn't
able to get himself out (river froze, snow so deep the rangers couldn't get
to him) and waited as long as he reasonably could. If I were to fault him
it would be on being unprepared for winter conditions. Coming from somewhat
South, and lower elevation, he probably did not realize how early winter
comes to the Adirondacks.