[at-l] UNDENIABLE damage from hiking poles

I can't speak soil damage cause by treking poles.

What I can speak to is damage to one's mental health.  The click, click,
clank, click clank, click, clank is enough to drive anyone crazy.  Hey,
perhaps that explains a few people on this list.  I know, I know, walking in
mud helps, but one can't always be that lucky.

For a weekender like me, a rubber tip super glued on a Leki is going to last
a long, long time.  Not sure what kind of rubber they use, but its good
stuff.  It will never be lost.  I recently found a hard plastic tip for my
EMS Komperdell stick, and its holding up (an on) fine.  Do either of these
tips work as well as the carbide end?  Not really. But its close.  Can I
skewar a rogue rotweiller?  No.   But who cares, it sure is a whole lot more
peaceful.

Of course having a quiet tip isn't going to help much if the aluminum
joint-thingy of your Leki's loosen up.  That clink, clink, clink is even
worse.

Rick B

Compare high-speed Internet plans, starting at $26.95.