[at-l] Hiking Poles - ARGUABLY.

>"...Okay Weary, I'm convinced or at least worn down. I'll write to all the
>appropriate legislators immediately demanding that use of pointy hiking sticks
>be outlawed and I urge everyone else to do the same."

Everyone is free to do whatever they want. But I won't be writing to any
legislators. This is a matter for education, not legislation. It's an issue like
the long practice of cutting evergreen "tips" for bough beds, or having a can
dump next to each fireplace, or carry in carry out.

Thanks to a few persistent messengers, sooner or later people get the message.
and the trail environment wins.

Weary