[at-l] Re: at-l Digest, Vol 7,Issue 20 Holey Lekis and Erosion Prevent...

In a message dated 11/15/2003 6:57:11 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jbullar1@twcny.rr.com writes:

> This brings to mind another observation that I have made while hiking. Many
>
> times while climbing a mountain after a hard frost I noticed curls of ice
> protruding from the ground.

I've pointed this phenomena out in previous Leki debates.  It does look like
"tilled" soil especially after the frost melts.  Of course, it was dismissed
and blamed on the poles.