[at-l] 04 starting point???

In a message dated 11/14/2003 11:00:00 AM Eastern Standard Time,
sloetoe@yahoo.com writes:

> ### Still, the first week or so of September, 30 miles away from
> the Kennebec, I met a med student named Fred Cook who had
> started on Springer on June 1. The next day, I did my only 30
> mile day with Fred leading the way. Mannnnnnn, he could walk.

For the math challenged that's 22 plus miles a day, no days off.

If it were me, I'd do the Harpers Ferry (where the front of the pack will be)
or the Damascus start and "smell the roses" a bit more.  Plus you'd have two
different perspectives, one as a north bounder and one as a south bounder.

Sly