[at-l] Species Identification Guides

Among my primary reasons for going to Georgia in 1993 was to see the southern
Appalachians and the trees and plants of a region I had never seen. To my
surprise many of the things I saw on the high ridges were the things I also see
along midcoast Maine and even more surprising they seemed to leaf out or bloom
about the same time.

 I had figured going to Georgia in April would be akin to going to Florida in
 January. It wasn't. There were a few exotic things I had never seen before, but
 mostly it was like staying home -- both in terms of vegetation and
 temperatures.

 BTW, that's why I didn't carry my heavier 20 degree sleeping bag, and why I had
 to augment my 50 degree bag liner with my puffy down jacket.

 And yes. If you can post some flower and tree keys, I'd love to experiment with
 them.

 Weary