[at-l] Re: keeping sleeping bags dry

We did have a lot of rain this year (133 out of 168 days) but I managed to keep my down sleeping bag dry the whole way. I guess I need to define dry. By this I mean the wet never penetrated past the outer covering. My down filling always kept me warm and the inner lining was always dry. On occasion the bag was a little damp from getting next to the tent wall or from the water that came inside with me.

I live by the old wisdom that water wins. In keeping with this idea, I took extra steps to protect my gear. Here is what I did:
1) I used a pack cover, which I had seam sealed
2) I seam sealed my silnylon pack
3) I used a trash compactor liner to line the inside of my pack
4) I seamed sealed the sleeping bag and clothing stuff sacks
5) I lined the stuff sacks with plastic bags
Hopeful......who now has web between his toes.

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!