[at-l] Deserts was... Trip report

>"...Beauty can be found everywhere in nature if you take the trouble to look
>for it," reports the Saunterer.

An observation that is incredibly true. I love the beauty of the October woods
with their bright colors. But equally amazing are the multiple shades of yellow,
brown, and russet of November and December; the contrast of bare branches and
evergreens against the winter snow; the first signs of spring, the glories of
May and June....

I ended my Korean War era service with three months of autumn in the Arizona
desert north of Yuma. I grew to love it so, that 50 years later I still yearn to
return.

Weary