[at-l] Shelter, shelter burnng bright...

> > Wrap them around your hiking poles a few times, then stake them DOWN
> > at a steep angle.  You'll have to carry a short length of cord so that
you
> > can use two stakes on a side and make a triangle between the ground and
> > the hiking pole.  I thought I had pictures of this somewhere, but I
> > don't...

> Staking my fly tightly down means not much fresh air in the hammock,
> though. That's not optimal.

The fly is held up by the hiking poles.  See the third picture here:

http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Trekking%20Poles/Poles/Black%20Diamond%20Contour%20Poles%20-%202003/Shane%20Steinkamp/Long%20Term%20Report/

or

http://tinyurl.com/ulkz

By angling the hiking poles, you can bring the tie outs straight down from
the poles and still adjust your fly for breathability.

Shane