[at-l] Shelter, shelter burnng bright...

At 04:30 AM 11/11/2003 -0800, Paul Magnanti wrote:
>I've seen tents get lots of water in them from set-up
>as well. If you pitch your tent in a bit of
>depression, you are going to get water in it.
>Depending on your tent, bath-tub floors only come up
>so high. Then the water flows over the "bath tub"
>portion.

This is one of the reasons (one of many) I've switched to a hammock. I
found that in lots of places where you have to camp at established
campsites, some of the sites are too low and if you arrive after the 'good'
ones are taken you are stuck with a wet site. A hammock gets you off the
ground. Also stealth camping is much easier with a hammock.