[at-l] Shelter, shelter burnng bright...

>> Still won't save you from flowing water on the
>>ground.  I can set up my
>> 8x10 tarp so no water gets in from the sky side,
>>but that doesn't save > me from groundwater.  :)

>I'm not going to argue with you, but I guess if you
>set it up where the water
>flows into it you may have a problem.  Maybe you >
>need to pick better spots.

I've seen tents get lots of water in them from set-up
as well. If you pitch your tent in a bit of
depression, you are going to get water in it.
Depending on your tent, bath-tub floors only come up
so high. Then the water flows over the "bath tub"
portion.

Yes, you have to pay a bit more attention to where a
tarp is pitched. But, as mentioned, been in all kinds
of weather and I stayed dry. It is a bit of myth that
you will get wet and miserable in a tarp. It is all
about how you pitch it.

In any case, a tarp is not necc. the best shelter for
everyone. But, have used it successfully in all kinds
of weather and would not want to use another shelter
at this point.

=====
--Thoreau