[at-l] Newcomer...tent vs hammock

On Monday, November 10, 2003, at 08:02  PM, Rbdnly@aol.com wrote:

> I want to thruhike in 02 (NOBO) and I'm not sure what kind of shelter
> take.  I definitely will be taking some kind of shelter because I
> don't want
> shelter distances to limit my mileage (although I hear the social
> scene at such
> place may be hard to stay away from).

I think you missed your chance to thru in 02, dude.

> So what do you suggest for a lightweight shelter (tent/hammock/etc)?
> All
> input is greatly appreciated.   Thanks and happy trails!!!!!!

I've been very happy sectionhiking with a hammock.  I don't know how
it would be for months on end.  There's really not much room in there.
On the other hand, some of the tents people are hiking with are tiny
too.
The hammock is definitely more comfy for me.  Have you tried one?

-amy