Gear *matters*... Re: Re[2]: [at-l] Trail Food,How do you carry 7 days

--- Shane <shane@theplacewithnoname.com> wrote:
> > I always find it ironical that in our postmortem analysis of
> why things didn't go as expected, our first gut instinct is to
blame the gear. Too much gear, too little gear, wrong gear, and
on and on and on. [Ron Moak]

> Amen Ron.  Gear is one of the least important factors.

### Ok, so, in all good humor: you guys are *so* all wet. Gear
matters hugely. Don't think so? Then you haven't been reading
this thread very well.

Still don't think so? Then you haven't heard/experienced the
frenzy with which throughhikers who heard "Gear Doesn't
Matterrrrr!" descend upon Walasi-Yi from the blowing heights of
Blood Mtn.

*Still* still don't think so? Then you've not seen Shane effuse
on the Mithryl pack, or seen Ron's SixMoonDesigns website.
C'mon, guys.

Gear choices matter, and hugely.

Eggtoe

=====