[at-l] Trail Food, How do you carry 7 days

Jim writes:

<< The only reasons to be carrying 7 days food on the AT are 1/ the
Smokies and "maybe" the "100 mile Wilderness", 2/ ignorance, 3/ masochism,
4/ by personal choice (mostly equates to masochism) or 5/ special dietary
requirements.  And even number 5 can be handled smarter and better than
carrying 7 days of food. >>

Personal choice is often  not masochism. On both the PCT and the AT, I have
often skipped resupply locations because there have been times I just didn't
want to deal with all the associated logistics with those locations, and the
thought of several more days in the quiet backcountry was very attractive.
There are definately times when 7 or 8 or even more days is worth the extra
5-7+ pounds. Examples include Fontana to Hot Springs (avoiding Gatlinburg),
Daleville to Waynesboro (skipping Big Island/Glasgow), Tuolumne Meadows to
Echo Lake (not dropping down at Sonora Pass), Mojave to Kennedy Meadows
(skipping Onyx) and Cascade Locks to White Pass (skipping Trout Lake). It's
just a few more places where you don't have to hitch, spend money, etc...

wc

Compare high-speed Internet plans, starting at $26.95.