[at-l] How warm of clothes?

In a message dated 11/7/03 2:44:36 PM, poboxcourtney@hotmail.com writes:

<< I was wondering how warm of clothes I should take on the trail if I'm only
hike the 3 summer months. >>

Well, if your three months are in New England, be prepared for winter like
conditions in the mountains any time of year.  You may be lucky and never need
the cold weather gear but I always bring warm clothing when I hike in the
Whites.  The best bet is to get clothing and sleeping gear that you can layer to
provide for all weather conditions.  I figure in the fowlest weather I would be
wearing all of my clothing except something dry to wear in my bag at camp.

                                                Art