[at-l] hiking poles

-----Original Message-----
From: "Bob C." <ellen@clinic.net>
Sent: Nov 6, 2003 8:29 AM
To: Paul Magnanti <pmags@yahoo.com>
Cc: at-l@backcountry.net
Subject: Re: [at-l] hiking poles

>"...the only other drawbacks being
>>that  they don't collapse for off trail travel."

True, But I've never found that to be a serious problem. I've carried mine on to
airplanes and stowed them in the overhead racks. I've never tried shipping it
with my baggage, but I see far longer skis at airport baggage carousels all the
time.

---------

To check poles for domestic or international flights, collapse and insert them in a sturdy poster tube. The one available at the post office is a perfect size for Lekis if one goes in "head first."
Give Me Chocolate