[at-l] Re: Trekking poles wood vs commercial

I saw many broken poles this year. If "commercial" poles are used, I recommend buying an established named brand. These are easily repaired or replaced by outfitters because of the desire on the part of the manufacturers to keep a good reputation. A simple phone call from the outfitter to the manufacturer typically got the broken part replace or the whole pole replaced.

I had some off brand poles. Campmor was very good to uphold the warranty all three time I needed them replaced. However, I'd have to notify Campmor and then hike for a week with the broken pole until I could get to the next town.

Looking back I wish I had been using Leki or another brand name. By the way, if this years is a good measure of pole durability, about 1000 miles of continuous use is all poles are good for. At that point some repair or replacement is needed.  Hopeful

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!