[at-l] Woodgas stove

At 03:21 PM 11/5/2003 -0500, Rogene Beers wrote:
>I looked over Garys instruction on this stove.
>DO you think a tall can from a diet drink would work.  I'm not remembering
>the brand of drink but the can is a bit thicker than an aluminum can and I
>think it is steel?    The value of this can is that it's a bit taller to
>hold the fuel if you want a longer burn
>and because it's taller perhaps two rows of vents could be added foir
>greater air flow.

Aluminum? According to the web site Ray used a steel can. I have doubts
about whether an aluminum can would hold up.

>The cylinder has a bit less circumferance.
>Shane this stove seems like a great idea.
>Thanks for the URL
>.
>I also like the idea of it's ease to make.
>How about a tiny spray pump bottle for the starter
>fluid. This might work better than dumping this fluid all over the wood.

Judging from the photos Ray uses a plastic bottle with a squirt top (little
spout that folds down to close the top). Could you be sure the spray bottle
wouldn't leak in your pack?

I wonder if all this fits into a cook pot like the Zip Stove does.