[at-l] Re: trail food comparisons

--- Pat Villeneuve <pvpvpv@earthlink.net> wrote:
> All this talk of food, healthy and otherwise, has made me
> hungry. Thought we could compare the following...
>
> -What foods did you crave most while you were out on the
> trail?
### Is it cold or warm? Salt always seems to come to mind --
french fries, chi-burger, potato chips...
*and* the V8 you mentioned -- make mine "hot&spicy", please.
And a peanut butter milk shake.

> -What foods in your pack did you learn to hate?
### On my throughhike, I learned to hate cheese by Cloverdale
(now Daleville) VA. Didn't eat cheese for cheese' sake for
another 3.5 years.

> -What foods did you never grow tired of?
### Almost everything else.

> -What foods provided the best fuel?
### GORPo, GORPas, GORPat, GORPamus, GORPatis, GORPant.
"Amo Gorpa!"
"Carpe Viam!"

> -People off the trail love to hear stories of our incredible
> appetites. What's the bestest story you share?
### Fifty-two pancakes at woods camp before the Kennebec. As I
was leaving to meet the boat (called via "radio-phone"), the gal
tells me "Well sure you ate alot, you matched the record!" Yes,
I definitely coulda "forced" another down... had I only known.
### But the one I like best wuz just a couple of ThankGivings
ago... After a hard time at work and a bunch of stressed out
late hour drives with auto repairs, Stitches and I traversed the
Smokys starting out at 5-10*F. Returning to Indy, we passed
through Cincinnati at the wrong moment for some unlucky Chinese
buffet.... We watched as multiple parties came in, ate, and left
-- while we consumed and consumed and consumed. By the time we
left, no lie, they were taking down the sign on the top of the
fascade.

Sloetoelius Guttus Maximus

=====
Spatior! Nitor! Nitor! Tempero!