[at-l] Cooking Challenge (idea for {any} Ruck)

--- Dave Hicks <daveh@psknet.com> wrote:
> Also, why the 15 minutes time limit?
### "Also"? Was there a response I haven't seen yet?
### The 15 minutes, as with the overall quick-cook base,
de-natured add-ins, cold stove/pot/water framework, is meant to
mirror on-trail usage by long distance hikers, as is the judging
criteria which lists overall weight and calories provided as
taking primacy over time and *lastly* taste. This is *hiker*
fare, not The Galavanting Gourmet.

> Why limit the basic element to Lipton Noodles, Ramen Noodles,
> and other quick-cook box convenience food such as Mashed
Potatoes, Lipton Rice, etc.?
> Some hikers (especially the wood stove cookers and pot cozy
> cookers) avoid the boil-and-pour, quick-fix, store-bought,
freeze-dried, etc in favor of cooked meals of home-dried
ingredients, real rice, real noodles, dried beans, etc.
### Hope the above answers your question. Does this mean you'll
be an entrant in Div. III then? (A Div. IV???, you and Shane,
Zip-Stoving lip-smacking crowd-drawing delicacies?)

> Chainsaw
> PS -- please excuse the late reply, as I have been away for
> awhile.
### Me, too -- just a shade earlier.

### With a name like "Chainsaw", you two should talk about
forming a two-man crew.....

'Toe

=====
Spatior! Nitor! Nitor! Tempero!