[at-l] Death Of A Trail Companion

RoksnRoots wrote:
>It brings a tear to my eye to write of the loss of my Springer
>Spaniel "Cocoa". She was a hiking friend who accompanied me just about
>every time I went up to the Trail in New York.

Roks -
Thank you very much for posting this.

There's nothing anyone can say to assuage the grief, but I want you to know
that even though I didn't know Cocoa, I just broke down in tears after
reading your post.  I'm truly sorry for your loss.

>Well I'm surprised I've taken it so hard. I feel like I've lost
>a close family member and become emotional very easily over it.

You have lost a close family member.  I know.  I lost my dog Sam over 13
years ago.  I still miss him.  Yeah - he had his faults and foibles, but he
was "my" dog, my friend and companion through some of the darkest times in
my life.

>I know this is way too much personal information over some guy's
>dog, but Cocoa had a strong AT connection with me and was definitely a
>Trail dog.

Not too much at all - a lot of  list members have shared grief and happiness
here for quite a few years.  We generally can't do anything except express
sympathy, but we can at least do that.

>She was a good dog...

And that's a high compliment.

Walk softly,
Jim

Fretting that your Hotmail account may expire because you forgot to sign in
enough? Get Hotmail Extra Storage today!
http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es