[at-l] Weight loss

Mags wrote:
>Anyway, here is a before and after pic from my AT
>hike:
>http://friends.backcountry.net/pmags/magsAT.jpg

Mags -
I'll have to dig out the picture we took at Salida.  I looked like a refugee
from a concentration camp.  I weighed less than I did when I graduated from
high school.  <G>

>The PCT was much kinder to me for weight loss. Only
>lost 15-20 lbs. (All of which, alas, was
>neccessary..unlike the AT)
>
>If the trend continues, should finish the CDT with
>only a weight loss of 10 lbs. :-)

Don't count on it - I didn't lose that much on the PCT either.

>But that is the easy part..another post have to talk
>about the mental readjustment after the trail..that is
>another story.

When Ginny and I finished the CDT, we went into total hermit mode.  We
(especially me) would freak if we were around any more than 3 people at at
time.  The Ruck was a trip that year - the Weathercarrot asked me at one
point if I was unhappy being there. There were over 100 people there.   Can
you guess the answer?  That's why we failed to visit all the people we
intended to visit in Florida, Vermont and a few places in between.  We
NEEDED the PCT just to get "resocialized."

Memories ---

Walk softly,
Jim

Concerned that messages may bounce because your Hotmail account has exceeded
its 2MB storage limit? Get Hotmail Extra Storage!
http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es