[at-l] Weight loss

I lost nearly 50 lbs on the AT!  My family and friends
still talk about how relieved they were when I finshed
the PCT and did not look at as bad as when I finsihed
the AT. To put it another perspective, a men's small
shirt size fit me. :O

Anyway, here is a before and after pic from my AT
hike:
http://friends.backcountry.net/pmags/magsAT.jpg

The first pic was on Springer summit. The second pic
is from the day after I finished the AT.

The PCT was much kinder to me for weight loss. Only
lost 15-20 lbs. (All of which, alas, was
neccessary..unlike the AT)

If the trend continues, should finish the CDT with
only a weight loss of 10 lbs. :-)

(Each trail I start off in better shape. I am going to
assume I am going to keep up with my running!)

But that is the easy part..another post have to talk
about the mental readjustment after the trail..that is
another story.

=====
--Thoreau