Post-Trail Issues, was[at-l] Cooking Challenge (idea for {any} Ruck)

Well,

Food: I am staying with a friend for several months, and she'd just
returned from Italy overblown from all that fine Eye-talian food.
She immediately got a copy of the South Beach Diet and put us both on
it. Now I am eating rabbit food and craving pizza, English muffins
dripping with butter and jam, and blueberry pancakes with real VERmont
maple syrup (and more butter).

Exercise: My joints also recovered enough to start walking again,
though I still have hiker hobble upon rising.
So, I am holding my own, albeit rather grumpily. Remember, I gained
eight pounds on the trail, although I guess that was muscle since my
hipbelt and clothes grew larger.

Mental: Uh, no perspective yet. Things are still moving a bit too
fast. The Gathering felt especially good. I miss my trail friends and
the unhurried time we had together. I miss nights camping together
especially. I don't miss butt pimples or trail food. I'm writing about
the Long Trail. That helps.

Anyone else care to share their post-Trail and/or experiences? I'd
love to hear it.
Lip-Stuck-Out-Salad-EatingShoe

Sloetoe wrote:

> ### Of course, she can *say* that allllll she wants, but come
> dinn-dinn time, git yer elbows on the table and 'round yer
> plate, and watch yer fingers and little ones as
> Just-Give-Me-Anything-That's-Not-Nailed-DownShoe goes to work.
>
> Proof is in the pudding, dearie.
> Heh.
> Smugtoe
>
> (Hey! LiteShe! I gained a pound a day for the first 30 days off
> trail, 45 lbs in the first 2 months. Howz *you* dune?? Eh? Eh?)
> Heh.
> Snotoe
>
> --- Jan Leitschuh <janl2@mindspring.com> wrote:
> > You couldn't PAY me to eat trail trail food off-trail, these
> > days, even for Guinness glory.
> > Just-Give-Me-A-Jelly-Filled-DonutShoe
> > GA>ME '03

    	AT Journal: