[at-l] Cooking Challenge (idea for {any} Ruck)

> get-togethers had boil-offs pitting the various designs (and
> their designers' techniques) against one another. Now that
> the alcohol stove has progressed so far beyond beta stage,
> it seems logical to issue that same type of challenge again,
> but tailored to the real end product: putting hot foodage
> before the hungry hiker in the most expeditious (so to
> speak) manner. Thusly, ...

Does it have to be just alcohol stoves?  There is about to be a revolution
in wood burning stoves, you know.

Ray Garlington has worked out a lightweight gasifying stove:

http://www.garlington.biz/Ray/WoodGasStove/index.htm

We've been talking about it on the stove group: