>From what I've read about the N2S fabric though, it appears it should be a
bit more water repellent and at least as breathable. I like it so far, but
I've only worn it after a couple hikes to ward off evening chill.

-jns

-----Original Message-----
From: at-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net
[mailto:at-l-bounces@mailman.backcountry.net]On Behalf Of Marty Sinclair
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2003 2:33 PM
To: at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [at-l] new n2s technology

Hey gang,

Looking for gear for an upcoming winter trip in the smokies and wonder what
experience anyone has with the new Next to Skin (N2S) technology that
Marmot and Mountain Hardwear (and ???) are using?  Basically, I want to
know to what temperature ballpark can this be an only layer.  I have the
marmot dryclime windshirt and have been pretty happy with it by itself down
to about 40.

Anybody got one of these new shirts yet?

Thanks,
Marty