  From: Monadnockdee@aol.com
  To: papabear.nyc@verizon.net ; at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
  Sent: Monday, October 20, 2003 5:07 PM
  Subject: Re: [at-l] Trip Report: Columbus weekend - #1 Monadnock

  Dear Papabear,

  Thanks for your trip report and pictures of Mt. Monadnock (known around my circle of friends as ("Dee's Mountain"). Ken and I also hiked Monadnock before going to the Gathering. We went up the Dublin trail by the light of the full moon on Thursday and stayed on top for Friday morning's sunrise. As the sun was peeking through the clouds, Ken asked me to marry him!! What a wonderful surprise that was! Of course I said "YES"!

  We had the mountain to ourselves all night and morning and were back in town having breakfast by the time you and the 400 Jr. High kids were climbing!

  keep those pics and trip reports coming!!

  Dee