[at-l] Mt Roamer

For those who might remember Mt Roamer (AT 98) -

We spent Friday night with Teresa and her father, Dave.  They just got back
from Alaska where they spent several months canoeing over 1600 miles down
the Yukon River.  They started at Whitehorse in late July and finished at
Anvik, AK in early October.  Lots of wildlife,  fishing, hunting, rain and
high winds, cold weather, beautiful country and a surprising number of
people.  And beautiful pictures - including some of McKinley when they were
driving through Denali on their way back home.  They loved the country and
the people - but they were still glad to get home.  And they'll probably go
back to Alaska again.  They may also be at the Ruck.  And if y'all are
lucky, they may do a slide show at next year's Gathering.

Today for us was a short hike/scouting trip to one of the local State Parks
- Greenbrier State Park which is right off the AT where the Trail crosses
I70 in MD.  Good trail, lots of blowdowns, lots of sunshine, cool weather -
and a little Fall color.  A perfect day in the woods.

Walk softly,
Jim

Add MSN 8 Internet Software to your current Internet access and enjoy
patented spam control and more.  Get two months FREE!
http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/byoa