[at-l] Wal-Mart Food

There's something called Idahoan Complete dried mashed potatoes that you don't have to add anything to.  It's all in the package.  Very good for the trail, and not bad at home, either.  Be sure to write the amount of water you'll need on each individual package, though, or else you'll forget on the trail.

When we make town grocery stops, I go to the produce aisle and get some of those fresh vegetables that are already cut into small pieces for salads.  They're usually loose in a basket, and you buy them by the pound or ounce.  The broccoli carries fairly well for a couple of days, if you keep eating on it.  Same with cauliflower and carrots.  I never cook it, just eat it raw.  Not all stores have veggies this way, though.  I haven't tried celery, but celery probably doesn't have enough of any kind of food value to worry about eating it.

Granola bars, dried fruits, nuts, grains, all that stuff provides fiber while you're on the trail.  I've never had a problem getting enough fiber.

anklebear