[at-l] Insect Repellent Clothing

>From a trade publication I read (Happi (Household and Personnel Products Industry), Sept  2003)  I don't work for them, just thought it was interesting:

The EPA has registered insect-repellent apparel to battle mosquitoes, ticks and other insects.  Greensboro, NC-based Buzz Off Insect Shield LLC's Insect Repellent Apparel uses permethrin, a synthetic version of a repellent that occurs naturally in chrysanthemums, which is tightly bound into the garment, creating an invisible and odorless protective barrier around the wearer.  Executives said permethrin is not effective when applied directly to the skin, because it deactivates and dissipates quickly.

Buzz Off partnered with the Orvis Company, Manchester, VT, and Ex Officio os Seattle, Wa, to create outdoor clothing.  The line will include pants, shorts, shirts and socks for both men and women and will be available by spring of 2004.
Jackie Turbot
5508 Glasgow Ave.
Orlando, FL  32819-7420
(407) 363-1494