[at-l] sock liners

I wear Thurlos socks with liners. I occasionally get hot spots, but
nothing that a bit of moleskin doesn't fix. I started hiking with wool &
liners so going without liners never occurred to me; I'll have to try
that.

This weekend I hiked the second section of the Link Trail in PA (It
links the Tuscarora & Midstate Trails). I have a decent amount of
pictures I'm sure I'll get around to putting online sometime. Hiking the
Link is probably what hiking the AT many years ago is like. There is no
guidebook, though the Keystone Trails Assoc. is working on one; you have
to consult maps to figure out if you're headed in the right direction; I
know the next section has a lot of blackened blazes due to route
changes. I kind of like the fact that you never meet anyone along the
trail, though the last person to sign the register was on 10/5 and that
surprised me. When the trail is more stable I'm sure the 50 Hikes in PA
book will have to be updated to 51.

Casey