[at-l] Cumberland Trail construction weekend

If you are a hiker in the Southeast, you may have heard of the Cumberland
Trail. This 300-mile long trail across the eastern escarpment of the
Cumberland Plateau was in the planning stages for several years before the
state agreed to make it a linear state park. Since then significant progress
has been made in trail construction, with sections totaling about 125 miles
now open and several more miles in development.

Eventually, using connecting trails, it will be part of what's being called
the 1,000-mile Western Appalachian Alternative to the AT.

This weekend an outing is planned to add a more treadway.

I know this is short notice. I just learned of it myself. But I'm planning
to help and I thought perhaps there might be a few other hikers in Tennessee
or bordering states who'd be interested in this as well.

More information is below. Contact me or Warren Devine (information below)
if you want to know how to find the site.

-jns

Cumberland Trail Conference
Backcountry Trail Construction Outing
Possum Creek Gorge of Cumberland Trail State Park