Hermaneutics OR Re: [at-l] On Topic, for a Change---

>> Leslie Booher wrote:
I saw this in a catalog today, and I want to
know what some of you think of it.
Do not follow where the path may lead.
Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.??????????????????????????????????????????????????
Ralph Waldo Emerson

what a nice little lesson in hermaneutics and the consequences to readers who live in a different time, if not place, from the author ... and also of the consequences of an a priori investment of such authority in antiquity or origin that one can no longer account for different times, cultures, and places when interpreting ... without a doubt a failure to recognize these realities underlies many a theological, moral, constitutional, legal, and Appalachian Trail related dispute ...

--
OperaMail free e-mail - http://www.operamail.com
OperaMail Premium - 28MB, POP3, more! US$29.99/year