[at-l] AT Guidebook History

For my household the program was even more fascinating. My wife, daughter, and a
good 50-year friend (he tells me I was the best reporter he ever knew. I remind
him, I'm one of only two reporters he ever knew) provide free income tax
assistance each spring for old folks, and low and middle income people.

 The person in charge of training them all, was a great grand daughter of the
 pioneer cross country driver from Vermont.

  Weary, who, because it's "off topic," won't mention the first frost has hit
  mid-coast Maine, which means my late tomatoes have all been picked. From now
  until the last succumb to the ravages of nature, we will mostly only eat
  slightly decayed tomatoes.

   I have rescued a couple of bushels in various stages of ripeness. We check
   them carefully each day and only eat those that seem unlikely to survive
   another 24 hours.

   Gardeners will understand. I apologize to others who eat only pseudo
   tasteless tomatoes, allegedly grown and harvested in some foreign country,
   and thus have no idea what I'm talking about.