[at-l] Vermont Weekender Hike - Any Ideas?

I will be walking in VT with two friends from the evening of Oct. 16th
thru mid-day on Oct. 19th . . . not much time, but that's all the time
my two friends can spare.  We were thinking about hiking north from
Moosilauke in the Whites, but given that this is "fall colors season,"
will that area be overrun?  Will finding space at the huts be hard?  Are
there other suggestions anyone might have?  How about on the Long Trail
in the area where it intersects with the AT?

I will be just coming off a week of walking in PA, but my two friends
will not . . . my guess is that 10-12 miles per day would be a good goal.

Any and all thoughts and suggestions [before this Friday!] appreciated.

Thanks,

Clark
[Thru-Thinker]