[at-l] Gathering speakers

I can't be at the Gathering and that stinks.  What a wonderful array of
speakers.  People I've wanted to meet/hear for a long time:   Bill
Irwin and Chris Townsend, for instance.  I just finished Townsend's
book "Crossing Arizona"  and some passages stuck with me.  Here's
one of them:

"The quest's fulfillment, whether the end of the trail, the killing of the
monster, or the finding of the gold, sums up all that has gone before,
all that has led up to that point.  How the journey is undertaken matters
more than its outcome.  The meaning is in the process, not the conclusion.
For the long distance hiker the journey is all.  Reaching the end is just
the point where you stop.  How the end is reached affects the quality of
the experience.  Walking the whole way--no rides, no skipped sections--
makes for a more satisfying journey."

I truly envy those of you who will be there.  Wonderful programs and
workshops galore!  Good job John O., et al.  Y'all have fun and send me
souvenirs.  :-)
        -- eArThworm