Message: 24
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 10:39:24 -0400
From: "rick boudrie" <rickboudrie@hotmail.com>
To: at-l@mailman.backcountry.net

Can anyone suggest a VT campground?  What little I knew of VT has long since
been forgotten.

We are looking for a drive-in site, somewhere in southern VT to use as a
familly-style gathering spot for a group that will becoming in from
different places.   The perfect site would have access to trails (preferably
the AT) and decent hiking, be relatively woodsy, and perhaps even be near a
stream body of water.  A resident porqupine would be a definite plus.  We
don't want or need plumbing.

We had a CG picked out, but just learned that all National Forest
Campgrounds are closed right after Labor Day.  That probably leaves us with
a state campground.  As an alternative, we would consider a backpacking
destination, but only if the backpacking was no more than a mile.  One level
ground and near a water sopurce ;-).

Any ideas?

Rick B