[at-l] Question for the list on the Joyce Kilmer Wilderness

In a message dated 9/24/2003 2:38:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Slyatpct@aol.com writes:

> I'll check out my guidebooks and get back...
>

>From the Joyce Kilmer-Slickrock and Citico Creek Wildernesses guidebook and
the Stratton Bald Trail:

"Once the trail rises to Horse Cove Ridge, it does not cross a water source
for the rest of it's length.  There is, however, a variable spring very near
the southeastern edge of the bald.  If you enter the opening at it's eastern,
fir-tree end, continue on the trail just past the elevation bench mark, then
turn left and follow one of several converging side paths that lead downhill to
the spring."

Whether it has water or not at this time, I don't know.  Sorry I couldn't be
more helpful.

Sly