[at-l] (no subject)

I made a post about this.

This is what happens:

    - A third party computer, infected with one of these email
viruses-likely running OUTLOOK- sends an email.

    - The email has a forged source/destination of your address and the
at-l server.

    - It bounces and returns to the server.  (not sure what it bounces
off- probably something not liking the header)

    - The server thinks it sent you a message and it bounced back.

The reason that you're not able to turn yourself back on is the same
reason new people can't subscribe- I'm back to getting up to 1000
messages an hour in the inbound queue.   I'm trying to manually catch
requests and enter them directly.

So, drop me an email (if folks can see this) if you need some sort of
manual intervention.

Somebody out there has a very infected computer on a broadband
(dsl,cable,work) connection.   I'll say it again:  if you're running
outlook and never checked for a virus, you have one.    If you have a
windows machine on the internet w/o a firewall and haven't kept up on
patches (weekly of late) you have a virus.   If you're file-sharing and
don't have a virus checker, you have one.   If you haven't updated your
virus scanning software, you have a virus.

I'm currently back to researching forum options.    Microsoft and AOL
are making it impossible to run an email list!

I apologize if this message has a poor tone, I've been struggling with
this problem for too long and it kills me that it's giving the AT-L a
bad reputation.

-Ryan