[at-l] Maine moose bags hunter

In a message dated 9/23/2003 10:06:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Snodrog5@aol.com writes:

> http://www.pressherald.com/news/state/030923mooseside.shtml
> Story, in part:
> "NEWRY ? A bull moose charged at a hunter, clobbering him with his antlers
> and launching him 20 feet into the air two days before the start of Maine's
> moose hunt. Jim Osgood suffered a broken collarbone and broken cheekbone, and
> one of his eyes was swollen shut."
> "Moose are unpredictable right now as they begin their rutting season, which
> coincides with moose hunting season, which started Monday.."

This is untrue!!!
I can personally guarantee that Moose do not exist!!! Well, at least within
sight of the AT.
2,172.6 miles & I never saw one.  I fell enough times trying to find one
though..
And there are no bears either (except in zoos...). Someone just hikes the AT
each year placing fake bear & Moose scat on the trail to tease hikers.

:)

hotdog