[at-l] Looking down while hiking

First - thanks for the feedback about how long clothing lasts on the trail,
and for all of the other answers, both on- and off-list, of my many other
questions as I prepare for a thruhike.  It's all very much appreciated.

Does anyone else find themselves looking down nearly **all the time** while
hiking?  I've just noticed in the past year or so that I do this.  I'm
assuming it's because I have really bad ankles that I'm sort of paranoid
about (I've had some really bad falls while NOT hiking) and also because the
trails around here tend to be mostly rocks.  It's annoying because I really
have to make sure I stop and look around me now and then or I completely
miss where I'm hiking through.  I'm trying to figure out of there's a way I
can break this habit, or if I even should.  The scenery might all be boring,
ugly sameness around here but it sure isn't going to be on the AT and I
don't want to miss it!

Kelly Whitman
INTP
"There ARE no other women like me."  -- 7 of 9

Add MSN 8 Internet Software to your existing Internet access and enjoy
patented spam protection and more.  Sign up now!
http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/byoa