[at-l] Southern RUCK...

Pittsburgh here.  Barb and I went to visit Sunny and here husband
(Sunrise and Sunset AT '02) at the church camp that they caretake in
South Carolina.  Gutsy stopped by also.  We wanted to see the camp
facilities and determine the possibility of holding the Southern RUCK
(SORUCK) there.  I am going to recommend that we have the SORUCK
there...

The largest selling point is that Sunny is a hiker, and she understands
hikers, and that she is willing to take us as we are.  You can tent,
bunk, RV, or stay in a motel.  You can have a reservation, or just show
up.  And the entire camp will be ours for the weekend.  At the end of
the weekend, we would all be expected to help out and clean up our mess
(this has become a tradition at the Northern Ruck)...

The facilities are there for a successful RUCK.  There is plenty of
ground for tenting, a number of spots to park RVs (no hookups), and 4
person and 8 person bunkrooms.  The closest motels may be in Greeville
SC, about an hour away.  The grounds are large, with a beautiful small
stream running through.  There is a large meeting room/dining area, and
a large stocked kitchen.  There are a couple of smaller meeting rooms
also.  Bathrooms/showers abound.  Table Rock State Park is close by, as
is a wonderful waterfall, and some good hiking...

Cost? (Sunny, please chime in and correct me if I am wrong)   $30 for
the first night indoors, or RVing - $20 if tenting.  $10 each
additional night.  She will accept people coming a few days early and
staying a few days after.  There is no day-fee at this time, but one
may be imposed, maybe just on commuters...

For those that like to hike in, Gutsy's Dan posted a few days ago about
the AT-Bartram-Foothills Trails connection that gets you very close...

Where is the camp?  It is in the Northwest corner of South Carolina,
near Table Rock State Park.  2-1/2 hours from Atlanta GA, Charlotte NC
or Columbia SC.  1-1/2 hours from Asheville NC.  1 hour from Greenville
SC...

So, I am putting this out there for discussion.  Anyone wishing to
contact Sunny, please call 864-878-0360.  The weekend in questions is
Martin Luther King Weekend, January 16-17-18-19 (Fri-Sat-Sun-Mon), with
Friday being the main arrival day (evening), with Saturday being the
BIG day, with Sunday seeing many people leave, and with Monday being
the day it would break up...

Pittsburgh, Barb, Ryan