[at-l] Re: Journal Withdrawals

I just finished William Schuette's White Blaze Fever. This is his daily
journal from the AT, interspersed with tips.  I found it hard to put down, and when
I finished, thought I actually had a feel for what it is like to thru-hike
the AT.  I have done some smaller thru-hikes, 200+ miles and 400+ miles, but was
having a hard time visualizing the AT experience till this read.

Ralph Alcorn
www.backpack45.com
Shepherd Canyon Books
Publisher of We're in the Mountains, Not Over the Hill: Tales and Tips from
Seasoned Women Backpackers