[at-l] Trip Report White Mountains,Day 7: July 26 - Lakes of the Clouds Hut to Appalachia

My most vivid memory of my 2,000 mile walk in 1993, was after a violent storm
that dumped several inches of hail in the late afternoon -- such storms always
happen in late afternoon?

 Anyway, it was just beyond Mt. Rogers in Virginia. The hail melted too fast for
 any useful photo. But the view to the east was just phenomenal as the late
 afternoon sun returned.

  After the storm lifted, I couldn't get anyone else to leave the shelter, but
  they missed a once in a lifetime event.

  Weary