[at-l] A clean sleeping bag

On Friday, September 12, 2003, at 05:11  PM, Jim and/or Ginny Owen
wrote:

> Kelly Whitman wrote:
>> Doesn't it get get unbelieveably filthy?
>
> Depends partly on whether you take the time to clean up every night.
> Sometimes that's not a possibility - like when it's 20* when you get
> to camp - or when you're in the desert - or even when it's raining and
> 45*.  But for the most part on the AT, it's not that hard to at least
> wash the dust (or mud) off every night.

This year I only had a couple days when it didn't rain most of the day.
  It got
really difficult to stay clean.  Everything was muddy.  The best I
could do
some nights was take off all my muddy clothes and scrape the mud off my
legs and arms.
Using my camp towel just transferred mud and particles from one place
to another.

At least I didn't have a tent down in the mud to deal with.

-amy