INTROVERTS vs. Extraverts (was) RE: [at-l] all things considered

Somewhere "back in the day," I remember hearing that some university faculty member somewhere did a survey of long distance hikers and determined that the vast majority are introverts.

Must be another reason why I'll never be a long-distance hiker.  I will talk with anyone, anytime, anywhere.  I really like speaking to large groups too.  The true measure of is supposed to be what you do when you are really stressed out or at emotional low tide.  Extroverts seek people to be renewed.  Introverts seek solitude.

Like Kelly, extroverted as I am, there are times I want a whole day of alone, or a good hike all by myself.  Despite the fact that I lead day hikes every month for the FTA, I really prefer to hike alone or in the company of just one person who knows how to be quiet.  Hiking time is often mediative time for me.

Joan
bluetrail@aol.com