[at-l] 911 Thoughts

While I was only touched tangentially by the events of 911, today makes me
think a bit extra about a whole lot of people to whom I owe so much.   Some
I know well, and others not at all.

This being an AT list, I wanted to mention Sgt Rock in particular.  While I
can't say I have had the honor of knowing him, I owe him a bunch.  And not
only for the sacrifices he and his family are making on our behalf as he
serves in Iraq.  But also that he has seen fit to share some of that with
us.  For me, there has just been something  that comes thru his posts and
letters that have helped me better understand.  I don't know any other way
of putting it and can't be any more spoecific than that.

Perhaps its that he loves the hiking AT so frikin' much, even though he
leads such a very different life than my own.   Or that his delight in
making stoves for others carried over to making them in Baghdad.  Or his
level of commitment to his country and his troopers.   Not really sure.  I
am sure that I am a smarter man for knowing him, if only through his web
site.

Its funny how the people who end up teaching you something are so often
those that aren't trying to do so.  Anyway, just some 911 thoughts.

Rick B

Express yourself with MSN Messenger 6.0 -- download now!
http://www.msnmessenger-download.com/tracking/reach_general