[at-l] Re: all things considered

Amber, I know many people who carry a radio. I'm one of them. There are several good light radios out there. You metnioned the Grundig. I use a Sangean DT300VW. I don't generally use it for its NOAA abilities since they're hard to pick up and you generally know it's raining when it rains. But, the AM/FM is nice. It's nice to be able to listen to something when you're alone. It's definitely a luxury item and if I ever became concerned with the weight of my load the radio would likely be the first thing to go, but that's not likely to happen.

As long as people use their radios (or whatever) quietly and don't disturb others I don't care if they bring them along. I definitely DO NOT want to hear another person's radio or other player. Earphones with the volume low is therefore essential.

What surprises me are how people can hike with earphones in and a radio or MP3 player going. I know I couldn't do that.

  ** Ken **

**       krk@speakeasy.org        http://www.speakeasy.org/~krk     **
**        Ultralight backpacker   http://www.speakeasy.org/~krk     **