[at-l] all things considered

In a message dated 9/10/2003 8:17:37 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ellen@clinic.net writes:

> Ah. KelleyGoDean, Jimmy has never pissed me off. I've been bemused from
> time to
> time, even puzzled, how someone so wise on some issues could be so unwise on
> others.

Ah, hell, ya'lls bickering reminds me of my dearly beloved parents, who have
not stopped bickering in the 40+ years they've been together, God bless'em.
They're still as in love now as they were when they met in typing class at
Dobyns-Bennett High School, so there may be hope for the two of you yet!

I have to tell the list that I am constantly bemused by the bickering between
Jim and Weary.  I also learn a thing or two from time to time, so there.  If
you can weed through the smartellicky (is that a word?) one-liners, then they
both really do have a valid point.... Well, from time to time.

Now, as far as our buddy Dean goes, I'm happy to report that our President
Select was in town for a fundraiser, and there were a trillion (OK, a few
hundred) people protesting, most of whom were wearing the Dean for America T-shirts.
 I woulda been there too, had I not been Novocained and gassed to the max,
under the drill of my dentist, whom I threatened to shoot if he hurt me anymore
than I was already hurtin'.  Anyhoo, I saw it on the local news, and in my
fuzzy, half drugged mind, I managed a sound "Woo Hoo!" And promptly fell asleep,
dreams of affordable healthcare, protected wilderness and a balanced budget
floating through my Vicodin laden brain.

I feel as if I've been away from the list for a hundred years, as I couldn't
FIND the computer.  Then, I couldn't find the phone cord.  Then, when I found
the phone cord, it wasn't long enough to reach one of the TWO jacks in the
house.  So, I bought a new phone cord.  Still not long enough. So now, I have a
clothes line/phone cord that reaches through the puter room, through the dining
room, stretched taught through the middle of the kitchen, and voila!  I'm
online again!  Did ya'll miss me?

My countertops are still green, although now I'm a closet fan of'em.

GoVolsGoDean