[at-l] A clean sleeping bag

This is one of those questions I haven't been able to find the answer to on
my own so I thought I'd ask it here:

What happens to your sleeping bag after five+ months of crawling in and out
of it when you haven't bathed for days at a time?  Doesn't it get get
unbelieveably filthy?  If you have a down bag, it's not like you can dump it
in a washing machine each time you get into town.  How do you keep your bag
from just ending up being really disgusting on the inside, or maybe you
don't, and you just chuck it when you finish the trail? (A $200+ bag?!)  Do
most thruhikers use a liner and just wash that while in town?

Kelly Whitman
INTP
"There ARE no other women like me."  -- 7 of 9

http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es